CENTRAL POLICE DEPARTMENT
• Just after 11:55 a.m. on March 4, fuel lines were reported stolen from two school vans in the 600 block of Centralia College Boulevard.
• Milwaukee tools were reported stolen from a hardware store in the 1600 block of Harrison Avenue just before 12:10 p.m. on March 4. The suspect, described as a man wearing a Cougars hat, reportedly fled the scene on a mountain bike. No arrests were made.
• A cell phone was reported stolen in the 1200 block of Alder Street just after 4:05 p.m. on March 5.
• A silver 2002 Nissan Sentra was reported stolen from the 300 block of North Railroad Avenue just after 4:45 p.m. on March 6.
• A subject was cited for shoplifting in the 1300 block of Lum Road just after 5.15pm on March 6th.
• A Centralia woman was arrested in the 600 block of K Street at 5:20 p.m. on March 6 and was sentenced to Lewis County Jail for second-degree burglary after she allegedly entered a residence and allegedly stole items.
• Food was stolen from a business in the 500 block of South Tower Avenue just before 7:05 p.m. on March 6.
• At approximately 6:40 p.m. on March 4, an unidentified suspect was reported to have assaulted a person at a business in the 500 block of North Pearl Street. The case is under investigation.
• A subject was referred to the DA’s office on possible fourth degree assault charges just before 8.55pm on March 4 after he was allegedly involved in a physical altercation in the 1500 block of Pike Street.
• Injuries were reported following a two-vehicle collision at the intersection of North Pearl and West First streets just before 5:30 p.m. on March 5. Law enforcement did not release details of the injured and the extent of their injuries.
• A subject was cited for trespassing and resisting arrest in the 500 block of South Tower Avenue just before 8:50 am on March 6th.
• A subject was cited for harassment in the 1400 block of Lum Road at 6:20 p.m. on March 6 after he allegedly threatened to spray people inside a store with pepper spray.
CHEHALI POLICE DEPARTMENT
• At approximately 2:50 p.m. on March 4, an elderly man was reported waving a large knife in the 1200 block of Northwest State Avenue. A health check was requested and no arrests were made.
• Just after 4:45 p.m. on March 4, a man armed with a knife or chisel was reported to be “approaching cars and talking about killing people” at the intersection of Southwest 13th Street and Southwest Parkland Drive. No arrests were made.
• “Suspicious drug activity” was reported in the 500 block of Northwest Pacific Avenue just after 12:50 am on March 5. The case is under investigation.
• A case involving a suspicious person reported in the 1500 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 5:25 p.m. on March 6 is being investigated.
• At 7:05 p.m. on March 6, a caller in the 100 block of 12th Street SW reported someone knocking on his door and trying to open it. No arrests were made.
• A non-injury accident involving two vehicles was reported in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 2:50 p.m. on March 4.
• A non-injury crash involving two vehicles was reported at the intersection of Northwest Chamber of Commerce Way and Northwest State Avenue just before 10:45 a.m. on March 5.
• A large box possibly containing a speaker was stolen from the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just before 7:35 p.m. on March 5. The next day, the suspect reportedly returned to the store and was the victim of a break-in. No arrests were made.
• A reported attempted robbery in the 2100 block of North National Avenue around 3:35 p.m. on March 6 is being investigated.
• A lurking vehicle was reported in the 500 block of Northeast Adams Avenue just after 2:50 p.m. on March 7.
• Just after 3 p.m. on March 5, a caller in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue reported that a woman driving a red Volvo refused to leave him alone and continued to threaten him. The appellant was advised to consider obtaining an anti-harassment order. No arrests were made.
• A case of disorderly conduct reported in the 400 block of Northwest Chehalis Avenue just after 2 p.m. on March 6 is being investigated.
• A reported “disturbance or argument” in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 7:05 p.m. on March 6 is under investigation.
Child abuse or neglect
• A case of child abuse or neglect reported in the 200 block of Southwest Second Street just before 2:50 p.m. on March 6 is being investigated.
LEWIS COUNTY PRISON STATISTICS
As of Monday morning, the Lewis County jail had a total population of 164 inmates, including 135 in the general population and 29 in the Work Ethics and Restitution Center (WERC). Of the general population inmates, 107 were male and 28 were female. All WERC inmates were male.
The Sirens are compiled by journalist Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at [email protected] The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680, the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605, and the Morton Police Department can be reached at 360-496-6636. If you have been a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence, or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Lewis County Youth Advocacy Center at 360-623-1990.