Her Black Book is the app for women who love to shop. Australian twins Sali Sasi and Julie Stevanja created the app almost 10 years after shaking up the women’s sportswear market with the revolutionary sportswear concept, Stylerunner.
With over 500 partner brands such as Net-A-Porter, Farfetch, Zimmerman, Manning Cartell, Ksubi, SneakerBoy, The Iconic, ASOS, Stylerunner, Nike, lululemon, ModelCo, Sephora + More. We are now rapidly growing our team and are looking for a HEAD OF MARKETING + GROWTH to join us in Sydney.
This role is crucial for the overall success of our business. You will be responsible for the implementation of strategic initiatives within the marketing team to drive brand awareness, growth and retention of existing members and affiliate brands.
- Develop a strategic marketing plan to attract new brand partnerships and therefore increase offers to the member base
- In collaboration with the Founders, develop annual marketing plans in line with the marketing strategy which detail the activity of the year
- Market the company’s services to the right target market with tangible results and action.
- Manage the marketing team to ensure the delivery of a high quality service.
- Develop, manage and approve external corporate communications for the organization in accordance with media guidelines and company protocols.
- Continuously review the brand’s style to ensure it meets the needs of Her Black Book and its customers and has a high-end “look and feel”
- Manage the Her Black Book branding implementation to ensure it conforms to brand style guides and projects the organization’s brand values
- Evaluate customer research, market conditions and competitor data and implement marketing plan changes as necessary.
- In collaboration with the founders, supervise all the marketing materials of the company and the division and facilitate its development, production and implementation.
- Generate and manage press releases and media opportunities aimed at obtaining frequent, timely and positive media coverage in all available media.
- Mitigate and manage the risks of negative media and public commentary by developing appropriate policies
- Implementation of policies and protocols and internal communication of these policies, protocols and guidelines.
- Conduct market research and environmental scans to identify market requirements for current and future services.
- Provide high level advice to the management team with regards to: brand management, brand risks, national campaigns and business development opportunities, macro and micro market changes, media affecting his black book
- Oversee and manage precise databases for electronic mailing, protect the databases in accordance with legal, contractual and confidentiality requirements and control the quality of the accuracy of the data to be transmitted.
- Make sure the website + app meet the needs of Her Black Book and its customers, make full use of the opportunities created by new technologies.
- Establish and manage marketing team procedures that ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget, and of high quality.
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure that value for money is provided to members
- Develop and implement a marketing budget and ensure the marketing team is on budget
- Provide monthly reports to the management team dealing with the analysis of the costs of the current marketing campaigns and the return on investment
- Always be aware of new innovations in the industry that have the potential to attract membership
Education and / or work experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a relevant field
- 8+ years of professional experience with at least 3 years in a high level role in strategy development and team leadership
- Demonstrated experience of achieving KPIs and success in fast growing organizations.
- Previous experience in e-commerce or consumer technology marketing.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to derive actionable insights from research and data.
- Experience in managing agency relations in public relations or brand advertising
- A natural team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Passionate, hardworking and autonomous with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to manage projects and multitask on a large scale, in a dynamic and detail-oriented environment.
- Strong work ethic and performance skills to thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
If you wanted to join a fun, burgeoning tech startup, this could be the opportunity for you! Send your CV and portfolio of work to [email protected]
* Must be based in Sydney